Saturday, June 18, 2005

Hindu Mythology: Flawless??!!

I just returned this morning from Mantralaya. There, I was struggling a lot in the heat for some time while a thought just ran through my mind. The thought seems to be the most toughest query that our elders may also find it difficult to answer. Surely, my parents couldn't answer this question. Now, before coming to the actual question, I might as well ask: "How Flawless is the Hindu Mythology??".

The actual question is here now. We know that God is the Almighty and immortal. Fine. But we seem to be unaware if God is immune to aging! If no God has any sort of End, then why does he experience aging? If Aging is not there, why are Gods like Brahma, Raghavendra Swamy and Shirdi Sai Baba portrayed as aged?? If Aging is present, then why aren't Gods like Ganesha, Subrahmanya and Ayyappa Swamy growing up at all?

I have no problem with aging. But the question arose suddenly when I realised that Gods like Krishna and Rama both got aged before leaving this mortal world for the eternal, back to where they belong. But still they are projected as in their middle ages. While Ganesha etc. are still in their boyhoods. But poor old Brahma etc. are in a stage of wrinkled skins.

The only convincing point which though I can't accept as an answer to the whole confusion is Lord Anjaneya (Hanuman) is mixed up in this Dimension. He is young at places, age old elsewhere. Try answering my thoughts. I'm left totally perplexed after one whole day's thought.

Try This Song: Haalallaadaru Haaku ... Raghavendra (Annavru)

1 comment:

Akshay said...

Boss dont let your mind race all this is meaningless. Enjoy maadi btw i may go to pittsburg again :D double darshana ii sarti make up for last semester missing